We are a Christian home school family rhetoric club. Our goal is to teach our students how to address life issues from a Biblical worldview and communicate in a manner that glorifies God.
We accomplish this is through weekly club meetings and competitive speech and debate tournaments in the National Christian Forensics and Communication Association (NCFCA). NCFCA Tournaments provide a Godly and stimulating environment for Home School students to learn and exercise analytical and oratorical skills. Our weekly meetings provide an encouraging community and accountability structure that works towards excellence.
BVRC uses competitive speaking and debating to provide a means for homeschool students to learn and exercise analytical and oratorical skills, addressing life issues from a Biblical world view in a manner that glorifies God. (1Peter 3:16)
Specifically, we help homeschool students:
- glorify and pursue God through Communication.
- refine their ability to think critically on the fly.
- strengthen their understanding of their faith and the defense of it.
- increase their access to great jobs, internships and valuable skills.
- learn better researching skills.
- learn how to disagree appropriately and lose graciously.
- practice character-driven leadership.
- join a community of Godly peers with which to travel, fellowship, and compete.
- understand a broad variety of other subjects and how the world works.
- hone their spiritual gifts.
- change the world.
The Brazos Valley Rhetoric Club creates a diverse, well rounded speech experience for all its participants.
BVRC is a student-run, parent lead club. We believe that through providing our students with opportunity to lead, they can become better rounded as they work with other students. There are various student leadership positions, each of which fills a role in helping the club function.
Our parents are an essential part of our club. We have a dedicated Parent Board of Directors that help run the club meetings, organize events, and work behind the scenes to keep everything running smoothly. In addition, there is always at least one parent from each family present at club meetings. We would not be a thriving community without the continued investment and guidance of these parents.